Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kendyllee's home made TOY BOX!

Kendyllee has accumulated so many toys, it is just not working very well having them in the entertainment center. So I started looking online at toy boxes, and HOLY CRAP!! They are very expensive and not sturdy or big enough. I even looked on Craigslist and there was nothing there. So I started thinking of what I could us to make a good sized and sturdy toy box for cheap. And here is my creation. I used a Rubbermaid Tote for the box and then bought some foam letters and decorations that will match her room. So I decorated the box, and then started on the lid. I wanted it to look like a bench, so I used some quilt batting and an old pillow. I covered the lid with the cutest Pink, Purple and Blue Butterfly Fabric, with lace around the edges. Then Owen helped me hot glue the cover to lid and PRESTO! A very nice, cute, cheap and sturdy toy box for our little girl.