Monday, December 29, 2008

She knows!!

I had such a wonderful experience today with Kendyllee. I was cleaning and rearranging her room, trying to fit all of her new toys in there, and decided to make room for a small cd player on her night stand. Then I remembered that I had bought the Childrens Primary Songbook on cd and thought that would be fun for her to listen to. I got it all arranged and put the 1st cd in, and I Am a Child of God came on. Then it happened. Kendyllee looked at the radio with the biggest grin on her face and began to clap. She clapped and rocked back and forth thru the entire song. What a wonderful gift to me. It made me realize many things. She knows, at 7 1/2 months, that she is a Child of God, and He loves her very much. Such innocence and grace. I wonder if she remembers Him? She really makes me think and teaches me many things each day.

I know that I write about this a lot. But Owen and I are so blessed to have her in our lives. We are grateful to our Heavenly Father for her. Christmas was so special this year for us. To have a child, has made me think a lot about the Reason for the Season. Having Kendyllee has filled a void I did not even know that I had. I have thought about the Resurrection and how Mary must have felt. I can not even imagine!

Being a mother puts a lot of things in perspective for me. A completely new look on life, a new importance, a new beginning, a new excitement, a new reason for each day. I am sure all of you mothers reading this are going, Duh? But for some reason, this Christmas made me realize many things. I KNOW this is the reason I chose to come to Earth. To be a mother. I pray every day for his guidance to be the best mother to Kendyllee.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Love and miss you all.