Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dumb door

Okay, so remember that screen door I was so excited to have and I loved it. (Notice the past tense on love). Well this is what happened. Owen called yesterday after he was off work and told me that he was coming home. So I went out side to fire up the grill for our T-Bone steaks that had been marinating all day, leaving Kendyllee sitting in her high chair eating her Mac-N-Cheese with hot dogs and a home made cherry pie in the oven. Just as the door shut, I heard a "CLICK". Yep, it had locked me out! I walked around the sides of the house (in my slippers) and the door into the garage was locked, so I tried to open both of the gates and now I know that they can only be opened from the front yard. I thought about climbing over and even tried it, but the gates are way to flimsy for that. Then I remembered that I had opened our bedroom window, so I tried to pop the screen out and no luck. JUST GREAT! Now what am I supposed to do? So I walked back around to the back door and checked on Kendyllee, who was looking at me with a very puzzled look on her face, wondering why I was just standing at the door and not coming in. So while I was killing time waiting for Owen to get home from work, I pulled the weeds growing in the rocks, pulled the mushrooms growing in the back yard from all the rain, I pruned the flowers and then I sang songs to Kendyllee thru the new fabulous screen door that had LOCKED ME OUT. Then Owen came home and he needed to do a few things in the garage so instead of coming in the house he decided to get those done. So I walked back around the side of the house and started banging on the garage door. He could hear me but had no idea where I was. Then Kendyllee started crying so he really started wondering what was going on. Once he figured out which door I was at, he let me in and unlocked the door from the garage into the house and then I was finally in the house. Kendyllee still crying because she wanted more food and then the cherry pie was done. WHAT A NIGHT! 8)

Needless to say I learned a very valuable lesson last night. Use the door stopper thingy next time I need to go outside. What a Memorable Memorial Day.