Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"SOMEONE"

-a mother is someone who thinks going to the grocery store alone is relaxing
-a mother is someone who never gets tired of telling her labor/delivery stories.
-a mother is someone who loves the smell of a soft newborn in her arms.
-a mother is someone who stays up all night with a sick baby and never gets a nap the next day.
-a mother is someone who takes thousands of pictures but can't find hardly any of herself.
-a mother is someone who loves her children even when they walk through the house covered in mud.
-a mother is someone who gains 60 lbs. while pregnant and STILL has more children.
-a mother is someone who prays everyday.
-a mother is someone who never gets tired of looking at her children's baby pictures.
-a mother is someone who has the flu but doesn't get to call in sick.
-a mother is someone who needs a date (or two) with her husband every once in a while.
-a mother is someone who serves selflessly everyday.
-a mother is someone who doesn't get a cookie because her child's got eaten by the dog.
-a mother is someone who can't help but smile when she looks at her children.
-a mother is someone that may be ordinary, but has an extraordinary calling.
-a mother is someone.

I know it is late, but I saw this on one of my friends' blogs and had to copy it. I want to appreciate all the mothers in my life. My mom, Owen's mom and all the other wonderful examples I have had in my life. Thank you all so very much for helping make me the mother I am today. I love you all.