Wednesday, August 12, 2009

15 Month Check Up

Kendyllee had her 15 month check up today and it was torture for both of us. She usually does really well with the check up stuff. But today that was not the case. She screamed as soon as the nurse walked in the room and then was fine once she left...until the Dr came in. For some reason this time she was having a fit and wanted nothing to do with either one of them.
Here are her stats...
Head-18 7/8 inches=94%
Height-31 inches=84%
Weight-22.9 pounds=47%
(due to walking and her having the runs for the last 4 days and not eating and drinking a whole lot)
The Dr said she is very smart for her age and is healthy as well. We have been concerned because she WILL NOT drink milk. It does not matter what flavor or what cup it is in. When I asked her about that and told her that she loves cheese and yogurt, she told me that as long as she has one yogurt a day there is no reason to worry about her not getting the calcium and calories. So that was a big relief to us.
Now comes the bad part. After her Dr appointment, I had to go across the hall and have her blood drawn. Talk about torture for both of us. I hope I never have to do that again, but I think I am going to have to. She jerked her arm and pulled the needle out of the vein. So then I calmed her down just enough so they could poke her in the other arm. They could not find her vein and I had to lay on her and help hold her down (along with 2 other nurses) while she layed on the table looking up at me with the most terrible look on her face. They fished around in her arm for a minute or so (seemed like forever) with a needle 2 inches long in her arm. Finally the nurse decided she was done and pulled the needle out and bandaged her up. I felt like the worst mother in the world. I cried right along with her. But they do not think they got enough blood for all the tests they had to run so that is why I think they will have to do it again. :(