Monday, August 10, 2009

Insane Vacation

We had a very crazy vacation. We left on Friday July 31st at 6pm and drove all night. We arrived at Aaron and Heidi's house around 430am Saturday morning and were both beyond exhausted. We both took a short nap and then went and walked our home at 8am. That is when the craziness began. I grabbed a notebook and a pen from Heidi and began taking notes on what we needed to buy and all the cleaning and repairs that needed done.
I will spare you all the details of the next few days. Needless to say the house looks great and is in wonderful condition. We are just waiting for a few parts and pieces to arrive, then it will be complete.
We did have a wonderful visit with Aaron and Heidi and their boys! On Tuesday (4th) we went to Eagle Island State Park, where we went swimming and played in the sand. We realized how comfortable Kendyllee is in the water. She was holding Owen's hand and they walked in the water until she had water touching her chin!! She is braver than I am. We did have a good time with all of our friends. And I forgot the camera and so did Heidi. So we have no pics of that fun day. I was excited because I caked on the sun screen and played in the sun and water the entire day. It was very much fun.
On Wednesday (5th), we traveled to Rexburg and spent some time with our families. On Wednesday, Mom, Kendyllee and I went to my friend's Cami's house to see her new baby. She is so cute and is very much loved by her big sister Raimee!! Owen and I went on a date on Thursday while Kendyllee stayed with my parents and played with Brooklinn. We ate at the best pizza place in town, Craigos!! It is super YUMMY!! Then we went to the movie, The Proposal with Sandra Bullock. I loved it!! There were some really funny parts that even made Owen laugh. After that we went back to my parents house and had tacos with the family. They were also really YUMMY!!!
Then on Friday we spent the evening with Owen's family. Chase, Megan, Owen and I went bowling after having a wonderful dinner. First things first...I WON THE FIRST GAME!! That is huge because I never win at bowling, especially when Owen is there. It was soo cool. It came down to the 10th frame and I got a spare!! So I looked at the score and I only needed 3 more pins to beat Owen. So I concentrated and did my very best and I knocked down 8 pins. Talk about a celebration. While we were bowling, Kendyllee stayed and played with Grandma, Grandpa, Jodie and Taytum. She had so much fun and slept all night long!! Owen and I also went on many fun rides on Terry's motorcycle! We really miss having a toy like that, but it is nice to be able to go for a ride when we visit. Next time we go home we are going to take our helmets and leave them there so we have them and they will be there if anyone else wants to use them.
On Saturday morning we packed the car and headed home. We made it to Ogden before we had to stop. That is when Kendyllee revealed her little surprise for us. She had the runs and it lasted all day. We made many stops after that, some at rest stops, and some on the side of the road. I am so glad that I had an empty zip lock baggie in the car. We finally made it home around 430. We were all very excited to be home. Kendyllee took a very long warm bath while eating Popsicles, ( Aww the life!) while Owen unpacked the car and I started laundry.
We did have a good vacation, and was able to accomplish many things that needed to be done. Thanks to all of our family and friends that helped and supported us on this Insane Vacation.