Thursday, July 2, 2009

ThAnK-yOu!!

This is always a very humbling time of year for me. As I am sitting here at the computer adding Patriotic songs to the play list to go with our 4th of July theme, my heart is very full with gratitude for all those who have served our country. There are many soldiers in our family that have served our country over seas and here on home land. I want them all to know that there are no words to describe how thankful I am to all of them for their sacrifices they have made for us.

I remember when I was in the 1st grade and my Uncle Reynold was serving in Desert Storm. We were having a Show and Tell day and I wanted to do something really special for him. So I took a picture we had of him dressed up in his uniform for Show and Tell and was so proud of him. I remember telling my 1st grade class that he was my uncle and I love him very much. At that time we had 3 Uncles serving in the Military and all of them were over seas. Uncle Doug in Germany, Uncle Wade in Korea and Reynold in Saudi Arabia.

I have a cousin that leaves on the 5th of July to go overseas to serve Our Country in the Air force. I am very proud of him and the decision he has made.

I also saw first hand the sacrifices the families of the Soldiers make when Owen's brother Terry went to Iraq and when Heidi's husband Aaron went to Afghanistan. So I also want to say thank you to all of the wives and families and let them know that I am also very grateful for them and the support they give the Military as well. Because with out the service and support of these wives and families, the Soldiers would not be doing their best.

I am very proud of all the Military men and women in our families and want to personally say THANK -YOU for all you do for this wonderful country. I am very proud to be an AMERICAN and very grateful to have the freedoms we have here. Like I said, my heart is overflowing with gratitude!!

Please have a wonderful and safe 4th of July. And while you are watching the rodeo or the fireworks or having a BBQ with family and friends, please take a moment and think about those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for us and maybe say a prayer for them and their families and remember those that are serving now. We love and miss all of you!

When I see Our Country's Flag I always remember what is represents!! We live in the best place ever!!