Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Exciting times in Nampa

This last week, Kendyllee and I made yet another trip to Nampa. I had some things to take care of at the house. It was a fun trip and went by very fast. We had a good time with Heidi and her boys. Kendyllee played in the water almost every day, which she absolutely loved. She also had her very first Otter Pop. It was a hit.
The first day we were there, Chris told Heidi and I he was going to marry Kendyllee and (while picking up Heidi's had and pointing at her wedding ring) give her one of these. It was the funniest things ever. Then when I was packing the car with all of our stuff to leave, Chris asked me if I would leave Kendyllee there and then told me he would take care of her. He was upset when I told him that I was going to take her with me so she could see her daddy.
Gabriel has turned into a normal boy when it comes to showing his emotions towards girls. He likes to pull their hair, pinch their face and push them down. Kendyllee was no exception. He picked on her and finally she learned to stick up for herself and fight back, or most of the time she screamed every time he even walked by her. I know that he loves her, but just likes to play hard and Kendyllee is not used to that.
One day, we went to Eagle Island State Park and went swimming in the lake there. Kendyllee had a wonderful time in the water and playing in the sand. At one point she wanted a snack and something to drink, so she walked up to the beach where I was sitting and I gave her a cracker and her sippy cup. I was taking pictures of people in the water and glanced down at her and her face was turning from red to purple. I WAS SO SCARED!! I did not even have time to think about what to do, I grabbed her and flipped her upside down in my right arm and started hitting her on the back with my left hand. At one point she was not breathing. Heidi's Sister-In-Law Trina was sitting next to me and saw everything. I looked at her and said "She's not breathing!!" Trina put her finger in Kendyllee's mouth and sweeped out what little was there. I was still hitting her on the back and out popped this piece of cracker. Her eyes were watering and at this point, mine were too. I hate when things like this happen, but I gotta say, I am grateful for adrenaline.
One thing I did not realize is that when I stood up, I dropped my camera in the sand, with the cap off and the zoom was all the way out. I thought it was broken, but then Owen had a great idea to buy some pressurized, canned air and use that to get the sand out. It did work and so my camera is in good condition. What a day!!
We drove from Nampa to Ogden on Monday. I stayed with Reynold and Sharon and then got up at 4am yesterday and drove the rest of the way. It is nice to be home and to be with Owen again. We will all be going back on the 31st to be sure the house is ready and find new renters.