Monday, July 13, 2009

Night-Night Daddy

Yesterday after church, Owen and I were watching a movie and he fell asleep on the couch before it was over. So I finished watching the movie and then shut off the XBOX and TV. It was nice to have some quiet time. Kendyllee was running around being funny and I was trying to read the Ensign. She walked over to daddy asleep on the couch and pointed at him and then she looked at me and mumbled something, like she was asking me a question. I assumed the question was "Did daddy go night night?" So I answered her "Yep, daddy go night night." She then turned around and walked into her room. I just thought she was going in there to play, so I continued on reading. She walked out carrying the blanket that was in her bed and she took it over to her daddy and then kissed him on the leg and waved to him. (This is what she does every time she goes night night, kisses and waives for everyone.) Then she went back into her bedroom again and this time she walked out carrying her sock monkey that she will not sleep without. She took that to him as well, with more kisses on the leg and waiving to him. She began to talk to him like she was trying to tell him that she had brought him her blankey and monkey. But when he did not answer she must have gotten frustrated because she grabbed the monkey and brought it to me and then took her blanket back into her room and put it in her bed.
I was sad I did not get any pictures of Owen asleep on the couch with Kendyllee's blankey and monkey on his lap, but it all happened so fast I did not even have a moment to get the camera.