Sunday, November 15, 2009

VACATION RUNDOWN. GET COMFY!!

We had a great time on our vacation, but man was it stressful!! We had planned to leave home at 9am on Friday the 30th. But that almost did not happen, which was bad because we had pest control spraying our house for bugs at 9am. Owen was late getting off of work, so I was bustin my buns to get everything ready so when he got home all he had to do was change his clothes and eat breakfast and we would be on the road. Well the Pest Control showed up 15 minutes early. UGH!! So I explained to him that I was waiting for my husband to get home and then we would be out of his hair. He was really nice and decided to start spraying outside the house first. Owen was home a few minutes later and we were out the door by 9:05!! Not bad considering the crazy start we had. After gassing up, on the road we went. I had told Owen that I would drive the first part or until the roads got bad, which ever one comes first, so he could sleep! Well the roads were great and by the time we hit half way, Owen was still tired, so we made a deal. Ok, I made the deal with him. I would drive the entire way, but then he could drive to Boise and then from Boise to Colorado as well. He never really agreed with me, but I wanted to hold him to it anyway!! The drive was long and boring for me. Kendyllee did very well until we were driving thru Idaho Falls. She became very cranky and wanted out of her chair. Which I did not blame her, I wanted out of mine too. So Owen hooked up the portable dvd player and put in Shrek. It was like magic. She was so mesmerized by it. She sat in the same position the rest of the way and I am not sure if she even blinked. It was so cute. She almost looked like a statue.

By the time we arrived in Rexburg, it was 5:30. So we went to Jensen's house and had some dinner then unloaded our car. Kendyllee and I went to bed early and Owen stayed up and chatted with his dad for awhile.

On Halloween we had a great fun filled day. Owen carved Kendyllee's pumpkin, we went to Rigby to see Paul and Jodie's new house. It is so gorgeous!! Then back to Jensen's for some lunch and then to take our pics at the Gardens at the college. After that we went to the nursing home to see my Grandma and Grandpa! It was rough seeing my Grandpa like that. I don't think he knew who I was at first, but I stood really close to him, and told him who I was and then I think the remembered. We talked for a few minutes before he went back to sleep. Kendyllee showed off for Grandma and had fun playing with her. We left there and went to Grandma Keppner's and Aunt Fern's house to trick r treat them. From there we went to my parents house for a fast dinner and then onto the Trunk R Treat with mom, dad, Tyson, Mandy and Brooklinn. I have never had so much fun on Halloween!! I loved seeing Kendyllee go from car to car. It was really cold, so we tried to hurry. We were back to Jensen's and had Kendyllee in bed by 8:00.

The rest of the vaca time in Rexburg, was pretty normal. Visiting family and spending some time with friends. Kendyllee was starting to become sick so we basically just hung out the rest of the time.

We did do something on this vacation that we have never done before. WE BOUGHT A CAR! I know, I know!! Not something you normally do on vacaction!! Well, you will read all about it in a later post! The crappy thing about that was...now we have 2 cars to drive to Boise and then home. So now I have to drive the rest of the way any way!! I told Owen that I knew he would go to extreme measures, but I never thought he would go this extreme.

On the way to Boise we stopped off in Hansen to see TJ and Mandy and their kids. We had a great time with them. Kendyllee had a blast destroying Sam's room and then dragging all the toys into the living room. It was nice to see them and visit for awhile!!

Our time in Boise was fun. We did a Session at the Boise Temple with Aaron and Heidi on Thursday morning, after we celebrated Christmas!! We also had the opportunity to meet our new renters. I am so excited to have them in our house!! They seem very nice and the house looks great!! We spent some time with Luke! By this time Kendyllee had had the diarrhea for 3 1/2 days, she had developed a very bad diaper rash that had turned into a yeast infection. Not fun for her. So since she was not feeling very well so we canceled most of the plans we had (including watching the BSU game :( ) and our date with Aaron and Heidi and no kids. Instead Heidi and I went and bought some Panda Express and then came back to the house and the 4 of us ate a wonderful dinner and played cards.

Our drive home was a drive from you know where!! We had planned on leaving Monday morning between 5 and 5:30. That did not happen for either of us. We woke up at 4:45 and Kendyllee had a fever. I told Owen to go ahead and go because he had to be back for work. I was going to come when Kendyllee felt better, either later that day or in a couple days!! So he showered and was ready by 5:45, so out the door he went with out Kendyllee and I, but with the dogs. So by 9:00 Kendyllee was feeling better, so I decided to hurry, get ready and get on my way. It is a 10 hour drive with a few stops. So I knew my day was going to be torture. I wanted
to drive the entire thing that day, but knew it was going to be hard, with just me and Kendyllee. I left at 9:45 and Kendyllee slept until Burley. This was my first stop because we were both hungry. She would not eat anything but crackers and drank a small amount of water. We were on the road again. By the time we hit Tremonton, I thought I was going to loose my mind. Kendyllee was screaming in the back seat and had a fever. She still would not drink anything and the movie had lost it's touch!! So I called my mom and she called Aunt Sharon. She was home and said we could stop. So we did at 2:45. She looked Kendyllee over and listened to her lungs and she said that it was not in her lungs! We tried to get her to eat many different things, the only thing she would eat was still saltine crackers. I was hoping to leave their house by 3:30, but then realized that if I did that I would be stuck in traffic!! So I thought it would be better to stay a little longer and have to drive in the dark than to sit in Salt Lake City traffic with a sick 18 month old. I ended up leaving at 5:30. It was dark before I even got to Salt Lake!! (For those of you that do not know, I HATE DRIVING IN THE DARK!!!) I hurried as fast as I could in the Car Pool Lane. Which helped out a ton with all the traffic!! I love that lane!! The only time I stopped was in Spanish Fork for Gas, a large Dr. Pepper and more drugs for Kendyllee. I was so scared to drive thru the Canyon and Soldier Summit in the dark and with only one head light!! Yep that's right. When leaving Reynold and Sharon's house I realized one of my dim light was burned out!! By this time, I was scared to ask what else could go wrong!! So I didn't!! I just bit my lip, said a prayer and began the hour long drive thru the curvy, windey roads of the the canyon!! I called Owen when I was a the top of the canyon and in tears . I asked him to say a prayer for us and he did, which made me feel SO MUCH BETTER!!! When I made it thru the canyon and was in Price, I called Owen again and told him I was going to rent a motel and drive the remaining 2 hours in the morning!! He said just what I thought he would say..Just come home tonight!! So I did. I talked to my mom the rest of the way, which was so nice. It kept me awake and aware of my surroundings. I was going faster than I normally go on those roads and was busy watching for those shiny eyes on the side of the road. I was now on a mission to get this sick little girl in my back seat home to her daddy, her bed and a bath with a popcycle. So that is what I did!! I hustled my buns home and we made it a little after 10 pm that night!! Talk about a very, very long day!! But we made it and I was happy to be home!!
THE END