Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Changing Day in Our Lives

One year ago today, Owen received some news that has changed our lives forever. I will never forget that moment. Kendyllee and I were at Heidi's house just hanging out with the kids outside when my phone rang. It was Owen. When I answered it I knew there was something different in his voice. He asked me if I was ready to move to Grand Junction, Colorado cause he had been given the Co-Manager position he had interviewed for the week prior. My heart stopped as I looked at Heidi with a blank look on my face wondering how I was going to tell her. She looked at me and knew that all of our lives are about to change dramatically. After I hung up with Owen, I went into the house and told her that we would be moving in the next couple of weeks cause Owen and been promoted and needed to start work on July 7th. We both just stood there hugging each other and crying. I remember Christopher coming in and asking us what was wrong.

That was a very emotional day in my life. I was soo proud of Owen and all the hard work he had done to get to this point in his career. I also remember feeling so sad and scared. I called my dad and told him and he also cried and said that we were supposed to be moving closer to home not farther away.

We had a nice and very sober BBQ with the Ives family that night. There were lots of mixed emotions at that dinner table.

We were very unsure of what the next year would bring for us. And I am proud to say that it has not been an easy year but has been very worth it. We have learned to like living in Colorado. It is a nice place to live. We have very nice neighbors and a great ward. I love my calling in YWs and love getting to know the other leaders and the girls as well as their moms. We have met some wonderful friends here. We have all grown so much and learned to appreciate family and friends and the time we have together.

Now we are eager to see what the next year brings to our family. Where will we be living and what will Owen's job be?

We want to thank all of you who have helped us out in the last year. All of your love and support has been felt and we appreciate it very much.

Over all this has been a great move for our family.